Thursday, November 18, 2010

Testing 1,2,3...

This is Petey. He followed Phillip and the boys home one Sunday afternoon. They were on a bike ride and were over a mile from our house when he began following them. At the time, he weighed less than 6 pounds. The boys kept asking Phillip if they could keep him, and he kept telling them no even though Phillip really wanted him, too. Phillip decided that if Petey made it down the hill right before our house and turned left into the driveway he would be ours. Petey turned left into the driveway.

I really didn't need another dog. We already have Chloe. But he was so cute and so sweet, so I caved and said we could keep him.

Petey loved being at our house. He and Chloe were immediate friends, and he quickly claimed the end of Grant' s bed as his. He loved to snuggle and be a lap dog. His only problem was that he just couldn't grasp the idea of using the bathroom outside. I worked with him every spare moment I could, but the little guy was struggling. There were several times I considered giving him to someone else, but since I first saw him, I had a feeling Petey was a test. If I could pass the test with Petey, I could handle another baby. So I never gave up on him, and I am happy to say he's now housebroken.

Yay for Petey (all 9.4 pounds of him), and yay for me for passing this test.

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment